Wednesday, July 5, 2017

ICAD 2017 - Week 4 - Days 22-28

We've been having a kind of weird vacation week with things coming up unexpectedly (some good, some bad) that have taken a bite out of my creative time.  That is one reason why I my first two cards (the weekly themes and prompts) were done on a couple of cards that were just experimentation during the first 3 weeks.  

Themes - Week 4


Prompts - Days 22-28


Day 22 - Vanishing Point
It wasn't until a few days later that I realized that I had a quilling ruler that had circles I could have used for this instead of drawing them as it took me longer than expected to get them to where I wanted them.  Just pencil for this one.  (And a lot of erasing.)


Day 23 - Alice in Wonderland
I think I was wearing a shirt with flamingos on it that day which inspired me to watercolor a flamingo albeit not playing croquet.  Done with Prima and Gansi Tambi watercolors.



Day 24 - Caravan/RV
Okay, so you can see by the parking stub that this card was not done on the 24th but rather the 25th and it's a one-staple collage of ephemera I picked up on our trip to Cape May that day.  My thinking that being part of the weekend traffic on the Garden State Parkway is like being in a giant caravan coming up the coast of NJ.  You see a couple of places we visited on the map, the parking stub from the municipal lot we park at to shop in the outdoor mall, the wrapper from my Kohr Brothers custard (a must have! - mine was a coffee and dulce de leche twist), and part of the menu from the Lobster Box where we ate lunch.  


Day 25 - Portrait
I had intentions of doing a portrait from a recent picture of our grandson - his first visit to the beach - but then I thought I could use this prompt to cover my Scribble Picnic theme this week also which was FOX.




Day 26 - Green
A tangled background with some tangled half-circles.


Day 27 - Farm
Off Prompt - I don't know if this video will upload correctly.  My card was done with metallic watercolors and I was trying to show how they interacted with the light.


Day 28 - Dashboard
When you're at a loss for ideas go for the pun.



2 comments:

  1. WOW, you are following the prompts. I haven't even looked at the prompts. I just grab whatever I can find for the day and go from there. Your ICADs are SO much better than mine. I simply LOVE your dashboard and your Day 24 with your single staple. They are all fabulous, but those two stuck out in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love that little fox with the gonme

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.