Sunday, July 16, 2017

ICAD 2017 - Week 6 - Days 36 - 42

Hard to believe that 6 weeks have gone by already with this challenge.

Week 6 - Themes (Optional)


Days 36 - 42 Prompts (Optional)


Day 36 - Perfume
As I have a fragrance sensitivity I had a hard time with this one mentally.  What I came up with was a collage of flowers with some musical notes.  A fragrance wafts through the air much like music. But like music, if it's too loud or intense it can be offensive. 


Day 37 - Kaomoji or Emoji
Another word I had to look up - Kaomoji.  Made by combining a series of characters.  These are only a few combinations to make fish.   I used what I could find in my desk at work for this one: Yellow Sharpie Meanstreak Permanent Marking Stick, Black Sharpie, Mr. Sketch Stix 


Day 38 - Charcoal
Believe it or not, charcoal was one art supply I did not seem to have.  Fortunately I did have a coupon for AC Moore.  And a coupon is a good reason to buy new supplies.  Win/Win.  I not only bought a charcoal pencil but some chalk pencils also (and some more blending stumps which I did not use for this).  


Day 39 - Ampersand
The background is done with Prima watercolors. The ampersand is doodled with Micron pen.


Day 40 - Steampunk
Well, not exactly.  I wanted to make it more "geary", but then I started seeing all these creatures in the background (which was Mermaid markers by the way).  


Day 41 - Roots
I toiled, in a good way, over the background "roots" to this.  I used a combination of Prima and Gansi Tambi watercolors.  There are many layers of color to this and I'm surprised that the index card didn't start to pill.  The roots are more like those of an orchid plant on the outside of the flower pot, but I didn't want to make it a pot so I chose a color that might also be considered maybe the bark of a tree or stone or something above ground really because the butterfly wouldn't be found underground.  The butterfly itself is fussy cut from a sheet of scrapbook paper.  The quote is handwritten with a Micron. (pssst.......this might be my favorite so far.........)


Day 42 - Onomatopoeia
Def. - "the formation of a word from a sound associated with what is named"
My letters are drawn with Pentel Flexible brush pens.  The water is Caran D'Ache Pablo colored pencils.  


19 more days!

2 comments:

  1. Well done these prompts are very challenging Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all are so great! Love them . . . especially all the creatures you created in #40.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.