Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Scribble Picnic - TOY

Well, you might think you are seeing double if you saw my last post as I used the last day of Inktober for my Scribble Picnic entry this week also.  The theme for the picnic is TOY - and since my daughter-in-law just sent us some pictures of our grandson wearing his Halloween costume with toys in view in one of them, I took some creative leeway and put Tigger in his hands.  And of course, you can also see the stacking toy, which we used to refer to as donuts.  


He did not have such a worried look in the photo - I definitely need more practice with facial features.  He is a true towhead and I find that challenging also.  

"What do you mean, I can't take Tigger Trick-or-Treating?"

Although he was not too sure about that costume when they tried it on him, he did get over it and enjoyed himself.  


Time to check out all the Picnickers and the TOYs that are accompanying us at the Picnic this week.  Click here to see for yourself.  And should you like to join in, the theme for next week is COOKIE.  OOOOhhhh, maybe I'll get some tasty new recipes!

17 comments:

  1. He is so adorably cute! Lovely rendition of him with his toys too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Grandson looks adorable in his costume...and your sketch turned out great...clever idea to add Tigger. The stacking toy brings back memories as all my kids had them when they were little. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Serena. My kids loved that stacking toy too. I don't know if it's the shape or the colors, but I think every child should have one!

      Delete
  3. Hi Lorraine :) Very nice drawing! I wish I could do portraits, I really find them challenging, I need to practice more I guess. Tigger was my favourite character besides Pooh! He was so bouncy! Very nice! I think he likes the costume! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rain, I draw people with a lot of trepidation because I'm not very good at it. I need to practice more also. He didn't like his costume at first, but I think he did in the end.

      Delete
  4. Well he does look worried in your picture, but certainly not in his real life picture. I love your rendition and he is adorable. Bet he had more fun on Halloween that all of the rest of us :)

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea. I think he had a good time on Halloween, even though he didn't like sitting with that tail.

      Delete
  5. He is absolutely adorable! Looks like he enjoyed Halloween and his costume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once they got him "growling" he had a grand old time!

      Delete
  6. This is amazing Lorraine! I love how you captured him!!!! I see a little boy, uncomfortable in his costume, but finding so much comfort in his stuffed friend :) It is perfect! I have a feeling this is a sentiment we can all relate to! Wish I had a Tigger right now :) Thanks for sharing this beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle. He was not happy with that hood at first. Thank goodness they didn't try a mask!

      Delete
  7. OOh, I hope someone does share some cookie recipe! Haha.

    Yes, he's a cutie there and this piece is likewise. Perfect for the season, Lorraine. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to add a recipe - may not be what I picture though.

      Delete
    2. Great idea for including a recipe next week. I'll try to do that too!

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute drawing! I think many of us shy away from drawing faces.
    Certainly a cute photo too! It's so fun when the little ones warm up to the idea of wearing their costumes.

    ReplyDelete

It's always so nice to hear from visitors. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.